- The professional manner in which they were greeted.
- Did the salesperson take a genuine interest in their needs?
- Was the customer offered to take the vehicle for a test drive?
- Was the customer asked to purchase the vehicle?
- Did the customer meet a member of management?
- Was the customer contacted after the initial visit?
And when salespeople detect that they’re working with a Secret Shopper, they’re hellbent on acing all of the steps.
Makes you wonder, if we salespeople treated every customer as a Secret Shopper, how much more successful would we be?