Back in the Sales Lab: “Rarity”
Hear the full episode “Back in the Sales Lab: Rarity” right here.
- Do you know you possess the #1 skill needed today?
- Don’t be so quick to be envious of those on your Instagram feed…if you’d only realize that you possess the #1 skill in the world.
- What is the #1 skill in the world? Communication
- The kind of communication I’m talking about is the ability to express and transmute your ideas onto others.
- Anything we need to know is one Siri command away; but what is a rarity is the one who can articulate and bring an idea to life-so rich, so vibrant that the customer sees what you see!
And YOU possess the #1 skill.
Just saying the words, “I’m a salesperson,” make others cringe, yet you have the ability to embrace the hostility, discover your customer’s concerns, and by the time you are finished, they’re singing your praises.
- That’s why I say Selling is an Art.
- Customer’s don’t really hate your profession…they’re actually mystified on how you can create magic right in front of their faces-no slight of hand, no mirror or special lighting…just art.
- When retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant first walked into the animation studios, he was blown away how an artist can start with only a few unrecognizable lines and 20 shadings and lines later, the artist brings his character to life.
- (Parents teach your children the art of communication.)
- Where everyone else is hiding behind a text message, you be the one to stand boldly and communicate your art before a live audience. That is an art!
- In his new book, Carmine Gallo says the art of communication will make you “indestructible” because no matter what happens in your life, you’ll have the ability to get back up, dust off, and keep communicating. (That’s why I love sales.)
Share your thoughts with me from the podcast.